Friday, November 06, 2009

Totally...



Yep, HSC is all done. And I'm pretty happy.

Recording an album was so much fun. Even if our recording methods were "abstract" (i.e. pretty average) and the whole album was pretty much written then and there and we didn't rehearse before recording, I think it turned out alright. I want to do it again. But this time have lyrics. And maybe bass guitar. And maybe use similar recording techniques to what happened the time before this, using a USB microphone and Garage Band. I might even attempt to write some shitty lyrics, which could be majorly embarrassing, but it'll be fun. And I want to do it pretty soon. Here's a link to the album, unless you've already seen it on table nine.



I saw It Might Get Loud recently. I loved it. Not only because it had my ultimate dream man in it, but cause it showed three views on guitars and music. However annoying The Edge can be at times, I have a lot more respect for him after watching that movie. His use of effects is amazing, the whole riff to Elevation is just two strums. Pretty rad. Jimmy Page was just his usual asian-looking, old man, rad guy, and I found it pretty cool to know how he went from a session musician to working with The Yardbirds and then onto Led Zeppelin. Jack White was just awesome. His first guitar was so cool, as is his Airline.

Right now, I'm pretty bored, waiting patiently and looking forward to the weekend. But I'm happy. Which is always good.



Guitar Wolf are amazingly mega-rad. I love Japan.

Guitar Wolf - Jet Generation

No comments:

Post a Comment